What happens in a “typical” day at Camp Cherith?
While all of the 7 Camp Cherith® camps are unique and have special features, they have many things in common. So, no matter which of our camps you choose, you will find there are certain things you can count on if you are a Cherith camper. Your day would include:
- Flag Raising — officially launches the camp day
- Morning Watch — campers spend time alone reading God’s Word and praying
- Cabin Capers — cabins are cleaned and put in shipshape order ready for inspection
- Bible Exploration — in cabin groups, campers explore God’s Word and memorize Scripture under the skillful direction of trained counselors
- Skill-Building Activities — campers select activities to do each day where they learn new skills and experience new things. Activities might include swimming, canoeing, sailing, fishing, hiking, archery, nature lore, riflery, campcraft, horseback riding, orienteering, and crafts.
- Free Time — campers have time to relax with friends, cabin-mates, counselors, and camp staff. Visits to the camp store are made at this time.
- Three Great Meals — planned by a dietitian, prepared by an experienced cook and served with love three times a day
- Evening Programs — special evening programs relating to weekly fun themes provide campers with lots of fun and enjoyment
- Singing and Campfires — each day ends with a special devotional time and singing around a campfire
- Cabin Devotions — counselors spend time with their campers each evening in a time of Bible reading and prayer