BOLT is designed for grades 1-6 and works well for churches ministering to any size group of kids through multi-age large group lessons and small-group relational time.
The BOLT Doing My Best Small Group Planbook uses Old Testament stories and New Testament teaching to introduce kids to prayer, overcoming temptation, caring about others, honoring God and more. Kids can learn about how they work together with God to develop and grow in spiritual transformation.
This 6-lesson Bible Exploration unit can be used as part of a short-term club program, after school club, children’s church, Sunday children’s ministry, summer church camp, or anytime that fits your church schedule. This is a way to go deep and disciple kids in a short amount of time.
Each Small Group offers a relational time for kids during which Small Group Leaders help kids engage in a hands-on activity that further illustrates the Bible Exploration presented during Large Group time.
Each Small Group time has 5 elements:
- High Voltage: Hands-On Activity – The Small Group Leader leads a Hands-On Activity that reinforces the Bible Exploration lesson.
- Effectively Grounded: Scripture Passage
- Spark-Test: Questions to Ask – The Small Group Leader ask four-five questions that further comprehension and application.
- Reflector: Mentoring Moment – The Small Group Leader shares how the topic studied has impacted their own life and how God has been at work in them.
- Get Charged Up: Bible Memory Review – Suggests helpful teaching techniques to assist kids in learning the verses for each unit.