BOLT is designed for grades 1-6 and works well for churches ministering to any size group of kids through multi-age large group lessons and small-group relational time.
The BOLT Unwrapping Christmas Small Group Leader Guide celebrates hope, love, joy, peace and light! Kids will learn that God promised to send us a Savior who would save us from our sins, God’s love for us is so great that He would send His Son to live a perfect life and die in our place, God wants us to be full of joy, God gives us peace and Jesus is the light of the world.
This 5-lesson Bible Exploration unit can be used as part of a short-term club program, after school club, children’s church, Sunday children’s ministry, summer church camp, or anytime that fits your church schedule. This is a way to go deep and disciple kids in a short amount of time.
Each Small Group offers a relational time for kids during which Small Group Leaders help kids engage in a hands-on activity that further illustrates the Bible Exploration presented during Large Group time.
Each Small Group time has 5 elements:
- High Voltage: Hands-On Activity – The Small Group Leader leads a Hands-On Activity that reinforces the Bible Exploration lesson.
- Effectively Grounded: Scripture Passage
- Spark-Test: Questions to Ask – The Small Group Leader ask four-five questions that further comprehension and application.
- Reflector: Mentoring Moment – The Small Group Leader shares how the topic studied has impacted their own life and how God has been at work in them.
- Get Charged Up: Bible Memory Review – Suggests helpful teaching techniques to assist kids in learning the verses for each unit.