If you choose UPS Shipping and don’t have a brokerage agreement, we recommend going through the process of “self-clearing” your package so that you aren’t stuck with an extra fee. Here is the process to “self-clear” your package and avoid the brokerage fee.
- Do NOT agree to UPS acting as your broker. Not through email or when they’re at your door.
- Email or call UPS and say you are going to self clear your item. Ask them to email you the necessary documents.
- Bring those documents to your nearest Canada Border Services Agency (must be Inland offices).
- Pay your taxes and get your stamped forms back along with the B-15 form they provide.
- Email the forms back to UPS to prove you paid your owing taxes.
- Wait for your package to arrive free of charge.